Pets give us the inevitable joy of having a best friend for life and the responsibility to nurture and nourish them. Nail clippers are the best option when you decide to cut your pet’s nails before it hurts. With many varieties of Best Nail clippers available in the market, we have a solution that’ll solve your confusion.
When the nails are not cut for a long time:
- The toes will get twisted, resulting in Arthritis.
- Long nails can become curly and can hurt your dog’s foot and, when severe, might affect the brain and heart too.
- Just like humans, even dogs tend to break their long nails when walloped.
- Your pet’s long nails will damage your house’s flooring when they run on it.
It is also vital to note that you are quite versed in handling these tools to avoid any injuries. Trust me. You don’t want to hurt your buddy.
DIFFERENT BREEDS HAVE DIFFERENT NEEDS:
Dogs vary in size, texture, growth, height, habits, and purpose, and so do their grooming needs. Depending upon the size and texture of their claws, different types of nail clippers should be used.
- GUILLOTINE CLIPPERS: This is the best nail clipper for dogs to date, as it’s easy to handle and use. The Guillotine Clipper has a ring that’ll hold your boo-boo’s extra nail, and a cutting blade to slice off the part kept on the ring. Squeeze the handle to cut the nail.
- IDEAL FOR: Dogs that are both small and medium-sized.
- CAUTION: Needs the practice to use as it’s tricky. It’s blades get dull quickly too, making it unfit to use on large dogs.
- SCISSOR CLIPPERS: As the name suggests, these work like scissors and can cut even the strongest and biggest nails. Besides, there’s also a quick guard that protects the claws from being cut too deep. This type is also called ‘Millers Forge Trimmers’ and is one of the best large dog nail clippers.
- IDEAL FOR: Dogs that are large and huge.
- CAUTION: You need to be pressing hard and cautious enough to avoid accidents and to also carry out the work. However, avoid using this on your dog if it’s more than 10 pounds.
- GRINDER TOOLS: Grinder tools grind your buddy’s extra nails instead of cutting them out. These create a vibrating sensation and also take more time to complete the work. Prior training for your friend and you is mandatory to use this tool. It’s also called ‘Pedi Paws’ and is one of the best dog nail clippers.
- IDEAL FOR: Dogs that carry thick nails.
- CAUTION: These can also trim some of your dog’s hair when unnoticed. Some dogs might see this as a destructive weapon leading to fear and uncooperative attitude from your pal.
- PILER: Plier Nail clippers can be used just like Scissor clippers. However, this type has a spring in it, which automatically makes the blade open after each cutting. These are available in small and large sizes, making it universally the best toe nail clipper.
- IDEAL FOR: All types and sizes of dogs.
- CAUTION: When used on big and rough nails, these nail clippers will be hard for users, and when the blade is dull, the toes can be twisted instead of a safe nail cut for your dogs.
Here are some of the famous brands of best nail clippers that you can trust to make your buddy’s nails perfect.
Boshel nail clippers for dogs are the best. Their trimmers, and grinders are also seen as one of the best Electric dog nail clippers, as they can cut the extra nails of your dogs with ease. They also have a guard that will protect the actual nail from the blade.
- IDEAL FOR:
Mostly medium-sized dogs.
- SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Boshel produces a replacement head for the nail grinder.
- Made of High-quality Stainless Steel.
- Dog Nail Clippers and Trimmers.
- Dog Nail Grinder.
- Upgraded 2-speed Dog Nail Grinder.
- Sharp blades make the job easy.
- It has a nail file to cut easily.
- One can buy either a nail grinder/nail trimmer, as per their convenience.
- The locking system is not efficient enough.
- It should not be used for small and large dogs.
- The guard will hide you from seeing where to cut.
- Dog Nail Clippers and Trimmers is $21.99
- Dog Nail Grinder is $21.99
- Upgraded 2-Speed Dog Nail Grinder is $28.99
Epica Pro works like a cutter and is also protective to use due to its automatic lock, which will prevent any accidents. Its blades are comparatively sharp and can be used for years. This brand promotes safety first nail clippers.
- IDEAL FOR:
Small / medium-sized dogs.
- SPECIAL FEATURES:
An automatic lock handles coated with rubber, sharp blades, and a guard to protect accidents.
- It has an affordable price.
- The rubber coat makes it handier.
- The handle is not slippery.
- Easy to use.
- Safer to use.
- Epic Pro’s nail clipper has a 100% lifetime warranty.
- Nail guard can block your vision for cutting.
- The automatic lock can be tedious.
- Only US residents can buy this product.
The only MRP for Epica Pro Nail Clipper is $ 9.95
Resco is a substitute for Guillotine clippers as they share the same features and style, but the only difference is the availability of extra blades, nails, and styptic powder.
- IDEAL FOR:
All types of dogs as Resco nail clippers are of different sizes.
- Resco Original Guillotine Nail Trimmer, Tiny
- Resco Guillotine Nail Trimmer, Small/Medium
- Resco Guillotine Nail Trimmer, Large
- Resco Scissor Style Nail Clippers, small and large
- Deluxe Resco Guillotine Nail Trimmer are of blue, and yellow,
- Resco Guillotine Nail Clippers are of candy purple, candy red, and candy blue colors.
- SPECIAL FEATURE:
The best quality and has a safety kit in case the nails are cut too short, or your doggy gets hurt while cutting his/her nails.
- Affordable by all.
- A broken / an old blade can be replaced instead of buying a whole new clipper.
- The sharp edges of the blade make the job easy.
- It’s a quiet job.
- A safety kit is present, by default.
- Not flexible enough to change positions while in use.
- It cannot be used for huge dogs.
- In case of any accidents, the wound will be severe.
- For freshers, it will be a difficult tool to handle.
- Resco Original Guillotine Nail Trimmers are $22.05
- Deluxe Resco Guillotine Nail Trimmers and Nail Clippers are $24.09
- Resco Guillotine Nail Clippers are of $23.70
- Resco Scissor Style Nail Clipper (Small) is $24.00
- Resco Scissor Style Nail Clipper (Large) is $25.00
There are a few points you need to keep in mind when you set out to buy nail clippers, trimmers and grinders for your dogs and they are:
- Is the nail clipper safe for use?
- What’s the size of the dog nail clipper?
- Is the nail clipper comfortable for use?
- What is the type of nail clipper you are buying?
You tend to buy the best nail clipper for your dog when the nail clipper supports the size of your dog and the safety measures you need to fulfill.
Apart from these, other famous brands also produce some efficient eclectic and safety first dog nail clippers. Therefore, choose wisely, act smart, and save your buddy from any injuries caused by his long uncut nails.